March 2022 Updates
- The Time Editor will now show an orange globe for when the mobile app couldn't get GPS coordinates from the employees' device (See below for more details)
- Mobile app version 2.0.9 (New mobile app), when open, will ask the device for new GPS coordinates every 10 seconds. Also, when employees press the confirm button while clocking IN and OUT, if the mobile app couldn't get GPS coordinates while the app was open, the app will use the last known coordinates within the past 5 minutes.
Records that have GPS coordinates are marked with the below tag in the Time Editor
Black globe conditions (Employee was within the geofence)
One the below conditions exists in order to see a BLACK GPS tag
- IN and OUT records both fall within geofence
- INCOMPLETE RECORD - IN record within geofence
- INCOMPLETE RECORD - OUT record within geofence
To view the GPS stamps, select the record, scroll down to the record editor, and select 'GPS Map' tab next to the 'Time Record'.
Inside this tab there will see:
1. In Coordinates.
2. Out Coordinates.
3. Map with In and Out tags.
Selecting the time entry will give you more detailed information on the map. You can zoom in and out on the map if needed.
Green tag = IN stamp
Red tag = OUT stamp
Mobile app could not get GPS coordinates from the device
In certain circumstances, the device cannot provide GPS coordinates to the WorkMax mobile app. In these cases, the Time Editor GPS tag will be orange.
Orange globe conditions
One the below conditions exists in order to see the ORANGE GPS tag
- IN & OUT records both do not have GPS coordinates (NOT A TIMESHEET RECORD BUT A REAL TIME RECORD)
- IN record falls within geofence but OUT record has no GPS coordinates
- IN record has no GPS coordinates and OUT record falls within geofence
- INCOMPLETE RECORD - IN record has no GPS coordinates
- INCOMPLETE RECORD - OUT record has no GPS coordinates
*Reasons why the employee's device could not provide GPS coordinates to the Workmax mobile app
1. The device couldn't obtain GPS coordinates at their location (No or extremely poor service areas)
2. Employee has turned off location permissions to the WorkMax mobile app so that app has no ability to capture GPS. This is either the device settings area or the employee temporarily turns on airplane mode.
When employees clock IN or OUT outside of a geofence, you will see a red GPS globe tag on those time records within the Time Editor.
Red Globe conditions (Employee was not within the geofence)
One the below conditions exists in order to see the RED GPS tag
- IN record GPS is outside geofence & OUT record is within geofence geofence
- IN record is within geofence & OUT record is outside geofence
- IN record has no GPS coordinates & OUT record is outside geofence
- IN record is outside geofence & OUT record has no GPS
- INCOMPLETE RECORD - IN record is outside geofence
- INCOMPLETE RECORD - OUT record is outside geofence
In the 'GPS Map' tab, the distance outside of the Geo-fence will be shown.
1. The location of the job site.
2. The location of the employee clock IN & OUT.
Setting up a Geo-fence
You can either set a default Geo-fence for all locations or a separate Geo-fence for each individual location.
To set a default Geo-fence, go to Settings->Modules->Time Settings. Enter in the desired Geo-fence.
To set a Geofence for each individual location, go to Settings->Locations .
Select the location you would like to edit, select the Maps tab, and click Edit.
Enter a Geofence and click Save.